Saturday, May 22, 2010

England hates its students

Why do I say England hates its students?  See the picture below:


It's currently 73 degrees Fahrenheit (23 celsius) and there isn't a cloud in the sky.  Only yesterday did this weather start.  And according to forecasts, it will probably be like this all throughout the week.

In my almost 4 months here, this is the first time I've encountered such weather anywhere.  And best of all, it decides to arrive right when students are supposed to be studying for exams, which, by the way, begin in 2 days.  Yet as this picture shows, many students have other things on their mind, like finally getting that tan they've always wanted (frankly, a lost cause because the only tan people I've seen here are either not from here or are using spray-ons so thick you could wipe it off them with your finger).

I, meanwhile, am using all my willpower to stay in my room and read for my upcoming mechanical design exam.  I've got my window open and some concentration music playing softly in the background to get me in that proper study mood, but every time I glance outside, I just wish more and more that I could grab my football and play some catch outside.

1 comment:

  1. great picture, it looks beautiful there. i hope you went outside eventually!

    ReplyDelete